2013A NASA RallyCross Challenge Season
|2013A NASA RallyCross season|
|NASA RallyCross Challenge|
|Start date||13 January 2013|
|End date||27 January 2013|
|Drivers' champion||Dylan Livengood|
|Constructors' Champion||Revolution Racing|
|Privateers' Champion||not awarded|
|Previous season||Next season|
The 2013A NASA RallyCross Challenge Season was the fourth season of the NASA RallyCross Challenge. Dylan Livengood and Revolution Racing will return as the defending Drivers and Constructors Champions. The season started on 13 January 2013 and ended prematurely on 27 January, due to a drop in car count because of a cheating controversy centered around Xander Clements. The series then came under pressure from a lawsuit stemming from this incident. Due to this the money awarded to the winner of The Drivers, Constructors, and Manufacturers Championships were withheld by the series.
- The NASA RallyCross rulebook will be strictly enforced and read THROUGHLY before every event.
- To be deemed a Constructor team and run for the Constructors' Championship, a team must have two cars run the entire season.
- Any team/driver that does not run the full season will automatically be entered for the Privateer Cup.
|1||Croft RallyCross||Croft, GBR|
|2||Valkenwaard RallyCross||Valkenwaard, NED|
|3||Gifhorn RallyCross||Gifhorn, GER|
2013A Drivers and Teams
|NASA RallyCross Car Entries eligible to score constructor points|
|Citroën Red Bull World RallyCross Team||MRT Red Bull RallyCross Team||81||Josh Mertz||All|
|HWR Red Bull RallyCross Team||524||Cody Erdmann||All|
|Citroën Junior World RallyCross Team||PCK Red Bull RallyCross Team||6||Dylan Smith||1-2|
|XCR Red Bull RallyCross Team||36||Xander Clements||1-2|
|Citroën NnN Racing||RC Cola Hu-Pa Motorsports||35||Nick DiPalmo||1-2|
|RC Race Team||75||Nick Kahrs||1-3|
|MONSTER Ford World Rally Team||Fessler AutoSport||5||Andrew Fessler||All|
|Revolution Racing||Rockstar Energy Revolution Racing||1||Dylan Livengood||All|
|Rockstar Energy Revolution Racing||2||Chris Wetz||All|
|Revolution Racing Junior Team||SPEED Energy DK Racing||24||David Krikorian||1-2|
|Bambi Racing||39||Case Brinksma||1-2|
|Schwartz Motorsports||DLB RallyCross||15||Daniel Bellamy||1-2|
|Schwartz RallyCross||67||Andrew Schwartz||1-2|
|Prestige WorldWide||MattyICE RallyCross||32||Matt Wishart||1-2|
|NASA RallyCross Car Privateer Cup Entries|
|TP Enterprises||Lil Weasel RallyCross Team||6||Dylan Smith||3|
|Tpacch Motor Companies||55||Timmy Pacchioli||1-2|
|Koninklijke Nederlandse de Autosport||Super de Boer Rallycross Team||27||Tristan Hagenstein||1-2|
|Howe Autosport||Brandon Howe RallyCross||83||Brandon Howe||2|
|Prestige WorldWide||Turtle Beach RallyCross||41||Brian Mercurio||1|
|Smokey RallyCross||Kodak RallyCross||77||Jacob Liestman||1|
|MONSTER Subaru World Rally Team||MONSTER Subaru RallyCross||527||Zack Johnson||3|
Team and Driver Changes
- Dylan Livengood and Chris Wetz will inherit cars #1 and #2, due to Livengoods' and Revolutions' Championships.
- Josh Mertz returns to the #81.
- Xander Clements moves into the second Citroen WRXT car, due to having a higher average finish than Cody Erdmann.
- Koninklijke Nederlandse de Autosport purchases the assets of Great Lakes Motorsports. Tristan Hagenstein still retains the race seat.
- Andrew Schwartz purchases the assets of Webler Motorsports, teaming up with Daniel Bellamy.
- Brandon Lambert is looking for a teammate.
- John Gregorio joins with the new team United World RallyCross Team
- Nick Kahrs joins Nick DiPalmo at his team, and switches from his independent Ford Focus to a Citroën Xsara.
- Citroën, as a result, makes NnN Racing a works team, operating separately from the Red Bull/Junior teams.
- Revolution starts up their Junior team, with David Krikorian and Case Brinksma.
- At the 11th hour, Matt Wishart announces Brian Mercurio as his teammate at Prestige WorldWide.
- Midweek before Valkenswaard, Citroën called Cody Erdmann back up to the works squad.
- As a result, Xander Clements goes back to the Junior Team.
- After Valkenswaard, Dylan Smith left Citroën Junior.
- During Practice for Germany, Xander Clements was found to have illegal traction control on his Citroën. All driver/constructor points have been revoked from car #36, and Citroën Junior was removed from semi-works status.
|Round||Race name||Podium finishers|
|1||Round of Croft||1||66||David Krikorian||Revolution Racing Junior Team||Mitsubishi|
|2||32||Matt Wishart||Prestige WorldWide||Subaru|
|3||81||Josh Mertz||Citroën Red Bull World RallyCross Team||Citroën|
|2||Round of Valkenswaard||1||524||Cody Erdmann||Citroën Red Bull World RallyCross Team||Citroën|
|2||66||David Krikorian||Revolution Racing Junior Team||Mitsubishi|
|3||1||Dylan Livengood||Revolution Racing||Mitsubishi|
|3||Round of Germany||1||1||Dylan Livengood||Revolution Racing||Mitsubishi|
|2||524||Cody Erdmann||Citroën Red Bull World RallyCross Team||Citroën|
|3||199||Aaron Johnson||Aaron Johnson Racing||Ford|
Races and Results
|Championship leader table|
2013A Drivers' Championship
Points are awarded to the top 16 finishers.
2013A Constructors' Championship
BOLD - Driver won their heat, they get an extra bonus point